Care is very important for the natural leather product. Your leather furniture will last the longest if you take good care of it. Therefore, use leather care products on average 4 times a year. These are available in our showroom or via our website, click here to view the products.
Here a 7 more tips to enjoy your furniture for a long time:
- Sunlight and various types of artificial light fade leather. Do not expose leather chairs to direct effect of light. You thus prevent the material from discolouring and / or fading quickly.
- Pet claws damage your furniture. Even the most robust types of leather cannot withstand that.
- Too much heat dries natural leather fibres. Never place your leather chairs too close to heat sources. If it is necessary to place a sofa near a radiator, ensure that there is enough space between the floor, radiator and chair for the air to circulate properly and the moisture balance in the room and in the furniture is maximised.
- Ensure good humidity. For living rooms we recommend an air humidity of 45-55%, the ideal temperature is between 18-22 degrees Celsius.
- Never use aggressive substances on the leather. No turpentine, chlorine or other chemical agents.
- Be careful with sharp objects like belts or zippers on the leather. These can damage the leather.
- If there is a stain on your furniture, do not rub it hard. Carefully remove the stain with a tissue and pat it clean with a damp, but certainly not too wet cloth.
The tables of Station7 are supplied in various colours and are treated with various stain colours. All are painted with a clear matte component paint. Care is limited to normal cleaning with a damp cloth. With old oak tables it may be necessary to remove crumbs etc. with a vacuum cleaner with a soft attachment. Never use an aggressive cleaning agent, this can cause the varnish to dissolve, causing stains to penetrate the wood. Also do not use any abrasive agents. It is important that wood can breathe, otherwise the wood can crack. Make sure that the wood is never covered for a long period with a plastic tablecloth e.g.. It is also important not to place hot objects (pans) directly on the wood. This causes circles that cannot be removed. Wood discolours under the influence of daylight.
Da die Metallrahmen- und gestelle unserer Industriedesign Möbel mit Pulver beschichtet wurden, sind keine weiteren Maßnahmen zur Pflege nötig.